Passionate about technology? Want to fly drones?
Unearth is an early-stage startup, building incredible new technology, and led by a killer group of serial entrepreneurs and product rockstars. We’re applying some of the newest technologies like drones, remote sensing, IoT and computer vision to solve productivity challenges that have historically plagued the Construction Industry. In order to empower the builders in this 1.7B industry, Unearth is building a next generation collaboration platform to bridge the information gap between desk workers and field teams, leading to streamlined and highly effective decision making.
As a foundational member of the Unearth team, you’ll be working side-by-side with the executive and founding staff. As a senior engineer, you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities from selecting technologies, finding novel implementations for challenging problems and helping to define and build the company coding philosophy, culture and team. If you’re looking to grow as a person and in your career, there will be no better opportunity. You’ll get to spend your time developing a product from scratch, free from the constraints of years old tech debt and big company process.
Come join our venture funded team as we build another seattle success story!
- Help construction crews deliver on time and on budget by creating intuitive GIS tools that uncover key project performance metrics
- Choose the technologies that will form the foundation of our user interface stack
- Work closely with product and design staff to design, implement and test new features from the ground up
- Convert low fidelity prototypes, storyboards, or motion studies into production ready code
- Maintain a high quality bar for user experience and code quality
- Quickly prototype new ideas based on real-time customer feedback
- Define front end development best practices and engineering culture for the company up front
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated experience building map-based applications using GoogleMaps, MapBox, ArcGIS, or similar
- Experience working with common web libraries and frameworks like React, AngularJS, or similar
- Deep knowledge of the web technology stack, including protocols, client and server performance optimization techniques
- Effective communication skills, ability to work well in a diverse team environment
- Flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Data and metrics driven
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience designing and implementing REST API’s
- Experience with a variety of modern programming languages and open-source technologies
- Experience developing in cloud based platforms (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience communicating with customers, support and management to help ensure the product delivered aligns with the product strategy and business goals
- Experience leading the construction of a complex software system that was successfully delivered
- An amazing team and work environment
- Fremont office located directly on the Burke-Gilman trail, within walking distance of local restaurants, coffee shops, and bars
- Unlimited personal time off (PTO)
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Outstanding team morale events
- Competitive salary compensation
- Performance based stock option grants